Michael J. Huether, M.D., F.A.C.M.S., F.A.A.D.
Dr. Michael J. Huether, a native of Sioux Falls, South Dakota, received his undergraduate degree from the University of South Dakota where he was elected to Phi Beta Kappa. He received his medical doctorate from the University of Iowa College of Medicine where he was elected to Alpha Omega Alpha, the medical honor society. Dr. Huether completed an Internship at Mayo Clinic Scottsdale, then completed his Dermatology training at Yale-New Haven Hospital where he served as chief resident. He then completed a fellowship in Mohs Micrographic Surgery and Cutaneous Oncology at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center at Shadyside, under Dr. John A. Zitelli.
Dr. Huether has authored several publications and has lectured at national dermatology meetings. He is Board certified in Dermatology and is a Fellow in both the American Academy of Dermatology and the American Society for Dermatologic Surgery. He is a Fellow of the American College of Mohs Surgery and is a Member of the American Medical Association, the Arizona Medical Association, and the Pima County Medical Society. Dr. Huether has been in private practice in Tucson, Arizona since 1998. He and his wife, Amy, have six children.
Dr. Huether's practice is limited to the surgical treatment of skin cancer, including Mohs micrographic surgery.
Group Practice/Hospital Affiliations:
- Northwest Medical Center
AAD Membership Status:
Medical School and Year of Graduation:
- University of Iowa College of Medicine, Iowa City, 1993
- Internship, Mayo Clinic Scottsdale, Arizona, 1994
- Dermatology, Yale-New Haven Hospital, Connecticut, 1997
- Mohs Micrographic Surgery and Cutaneous Oncology
- University of Pittsburgh Medical Center at Shadyside, Pennsylvania, 1998
- Dermatologic Surgery
- Cutaneous Oncology
- Mohs Micrographic Surgery for skin cancer
Health Care Participation:
- Dr. Huether participates in most regional healthcare plans including HMOs and PPOs.
- Dr. Huether participates in Medicare.
Key Professional Achievements and Awards:
- Alpha Omega Alpha, National Medical Honor Society, 1992
- Hugh L. Dwyer Memorial Award, Yale University School of Medicine, 1997